Lionel Péan does not owe his nickname, “Rock,” exclusively to his past and his rugby player’s physique.
Now based in Saint-Tropez, he impresses, as much ashore as at sea, by his indestructible calm and his capacity to analyse the riskiest maritime situations with pinpoint accuracy.
Péan exudes not only the sea and ships but also a nautical know-how crafted by decades of maritime adventures alongside the world’s greatest sailors aboard boats born from the creative imagination of the planet’s most renowned mariners.
Skipper of the VOR 70 SFS, he leads the entire project with the only watchwords being professionalism and ambition.
- 2016 with SFS : Trophée Offshore Méditerranée 2016, Victory in the 900 Nautiques de Saint-Tropez, Victory in the SNIM de Marseille, 4th of Voiles de St Barth, 3rd de la Giraglia Rolex Cup, Saint-Tropez-Gênes, Victory in the Cowes-Dinard, Victory in the BatiCup, Victory in theJuris'Cup, 3rd of the Voiles de Saint Tropez
2015 avec SFS : Victory in the 900 Nautiques de Saint-Tropez, Victory in the SNIM de Marseille, 2nd in the BosphorusCup Istanbul, 3rd in the Giraglia Rolex Cup, 4th in the Copadel Rey, 3rd in the Palermo-Monte Carlo, 9th in the Voiles de Saint-Tropez, 3rd in the Rolex Middle Sea Race
- 2014: with SFS, Record in the 900 Nautiques de Saint-Tropez – Victory in the Gaeta-Capri Volcano Race - Victory in the Juris’Cup – Record in “The Run,” Porquerolles-Marseille – Record and Victory in the Tour de Corse
- 2011: Winner of the Legend Regatta (Volvo Ocean Race) with Esprit d’Equipe
- 2011: 4th in the Maxi Transatlantic Race Newport-Cowes on Peter Harrison’s Sojana
- 2010: Winner of the Maxi Transatlantic Race Tenerife-St. Martin on Peter Harrison’s Sojana
- 2001: 12 JI World Champion on Sovereign
- 1998: Record for crewed North Atlantic crossing on Robert Miller’s Mari Cha III
- 1994: 3rd in the Twostar with Pascal Hérold on the Catamaran Dupon Duran 3
- 1994: 2nd in the Sydney-Hobart with Ortwin Kandler’s Kyote
- 1993: 3rd in the Sydney-Hobart on Wild Thing
- 1990: 5th in the Route du Rhum with the Trimaran St. Malo Esprit de Conquête
- 1986: 3rd in the Route du Rhum with the Catamaran Hitachi
- 1985: Winner of the Whitbread with Esprit d’Equipe
- 1983: Winner of the Solitaire du Figaro with Hitachi
- 1981: 10th in the Twostar with Daniel Gilard on the Trimaran Brittany Ferries